[MCIC Safety] Your Help Needed on Radiation Safety Workshop Publicity

[MCIC] Jim Kuszaj jim at mcicnc.org
Mon Jan 11 16:28:12 EST 2010

To Safety Committee:

As you know we now have a date, March 25, 2010, for the Radiation
Safety Workshop.

We need to get the word out.

Below is the draft text of the content of the Workshop Brochure.

Since I know nothing about the subject matter, I would appreciate
help in writing something that would get people interested in attending.

Please send any edits and suggestions to the material below .

Thanks

Jim

Radiation Safety Workshop for Industrial Fixed Gauge Licensees

About The Workshop

Companies using industrial (fixed) nuclear gauging devices to measure
flow, density, fill, etc. are subject to the North Carolina
Regulations for Protection Against Radiation.

In this workshop you will learn first hand from the regulators
charged with administrating those regulations what they expect from
regulated licensees.

Attendance at this workshop will enable you to understand the
regulatory requirements and obligations incurred as a licensee or
registrant who operates, supervises, or maintains fixed nuclear gauges.

Among topics sure to be of interest are licensing requirements,
preparing for inspections, and how to deal with compliance issues.

Presenters

Staff from the Radiation Protection Section (RPS) of the Division of
Environmental Health in the North Carolina Department of Environment
and Natural Resources will be making all the presentations and will
be available to answer all your questions

Materials Provided

The registration fee includes a Workshop Manual containing copies of
all presentations and supporting material. The registration fee also
includes a hot buffet lunch and breaks during the day.

Workshop Agenda

Overview of Radiation Protection Section
Radioactive Materials Branch
Radiology (X-Ray) Compliance Branch
Federal/State Roles
Web Resources

Licensing & Registration
Specific & general licensing
Name/ownership changes
Renewals
Amendments
Standard license conditions
When to ask for permission
Site closure
Rule changes
Training
X-ray registration

Security/NTST
Controls
Licensing aspects

Inspections - What To Expect
Health & Safety Inspections
Top 10 Violations
X-Ray Inspections

Storage/Disposal/Shipping
DOT RAM Representative?

Questions and Answers

Workshop Tuition
Standard Tuition - $150.00
MCIC Member Tuition - $125.00
Late Fee - $25.00 (After February 19, 2010)

Registration
Complete the enclosed Registration Form or Register online at: www.mcicnc.org.

James M. Kuszaj, Ph.D., J.D.
Director of Communications & Legal Affairs
Manufacturers and Chemical Industry Council of North Carolina
620 N. West Street, Suite 101
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Telephone: 919-834-9459
Fax: 919-834-8268