[esip-semanticweb] Moving Semantic Web Cluster to Semantic Web Committee

brandon whitehead b.whitehead at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 26 15:43:25 EST 2015

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me chat at you a few days ago.  I hope my ramblings
were coherent enough for everyone.  I'm quite excited for the
opportunity to get involved with this group.

Related to the topic of migrating from a cluster to a committee, I
thought I'd quickly mention that the research group I belong to here at
Uni has been experimenting with several tools for discussing topics of
interest and ideas.  In particular, we have tried Slack and Loomio.  One
of the cool things about Loomio is the ability to make polls and vote,
as well as fork conversations as topics drift or are introduced.

I'm not trying to endorse yet another tool, or make more work for
anyone.  However, a discussion may be better facilitated by this type of
environment - instead of email or a wiki.

I created a page here:
https://www.loomio.org/g/wR5EBPvs/esip-semantic-web-cluster  and you
will all receive an invite through the email list.   Obviously you can
engage with the group however you see fit.  I thought it might be a good
opportunity to try something potentially useful.

I found Loomio pretty straightforward to use, but if you have questions
let me know (or, google probably knows).

Rock!
/Brandon
------
Brandon Whitehead, GISP
Centre for eResearch  &
School of Environment
The University of Auckland | Te Whare Wānanga o Tàmaki Makaurau
m: +64 21835519
f: 88588
office: HSB 432