[esip-semantictech] Documentation for the Semantic Portal

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 7 15:48:54 EST 2017

Thanks John. Clarification always helps, so I appreciate it.
Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.
Data Scientist II
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group 398M
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099
Mail Stop : 158-256C
Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov

           [cid:image001.png at 01D29741.32D7AF30]

 Dare Mighty Things

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal at mindspring.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 12:14 PM
To: "Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M)" <Lewis.J.Mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov>
Cc: "Michael N. Huhns Ph.D." <HUHNS at mailbox.sc.edu>, "esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org" <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>, Line Pouchard <linepouchard at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [esip-semantictech] Documentation for the Semantic Portal

Hi Lewis,

All API calls to BioPortal require an API key. What may be making you think otherwise is that the same URL entered into a browser may return a submission, because the API key is saved in the browser’s configuration. (I forget the details of that, it just magically works for me. I can find you more information on the details if you want.)

So although many of the examples don’t include the API key, in fact it is required. This page has a basic outline (see the first item under Common Parameters): http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_usage

Feel free to make such requests to the support list for BioPortal, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org>.

John

John Graybeal
jbgraybeal at mindspring.com<mailto:jbgraybeal at mindspring.com>