[esip-semantictech] Lists of earth science research areas and lists of earth science remotely sensed data types

Stevens, Tyler B. (GSFC-610.2)[Wyle Information Systems, LLC] tyler.b.stevens at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 5 20:26:49 EDT 2017

Bruce,

You might want to consider the GCMD keyword list, which are a comprehensive set of Earth science keywords. They are used by NASA, ESIP members, and international organizations for describing Earth science data. You can download them in a csv file at: https://gcmdservices.gsfc.nasa.gov/static/kms/sciencekeywords/sciencekeywords.csv?

For additional background, see:
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/about/gcmd/global-change-master-directory-gcmd-keywords

Thanks,

Tyler Stevens
Science Coordinator
NASA's Global Change Master Directory (GCMD)
KBRwyle |  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  |  Greenbelt, MD 20771 |
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/

________________________________
From: esip-semanticweb [esip-semanticweb-bounces at lists.esipfed.org] on behalf of Bruce Caron via esip-semanticweb [esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 2:17 PM
To: esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org
Subject: [esip-semantictech] Lists of earth science research areas and lists of earth science remotely sensed data types

Hello semanticians,

In order to improve interactions, networking, etc. at  and between meetings, we would like to allow meeting attendees to add their research interests (e.g., oceanography, atmospheric chemistry) and data type interests (e.g., classified land types, sea-surface temperatures) when they register for the meetings...

We are looking for flat lists of terms/phrases (structured vocabs) that we can pop into the RegOnLine system for this.

Does anybody have anything like that?

We want to get good lists and use them for a while.

thanks!

bruce

--
Bruce Caron