[esip-semantictech] a related RDA Interest Group

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 12 23:18:33 EDT 2017

Hi everyone, a new topic today!

As many of you may already know, the RDA Vocabulary Services Interest Group has been reformed into the RDA Vocabulary and Semantic Services Interest Group [1], led by Simon Cox and a cast of folks like me. The group had a fair amount of attendance at its kickoff meeting, and started with a lot of energy [2,3].

We are using agile tools to lead the Interest Group (of open-ended duration) and a number of working teams (initial duration: 6 months): Slack, Google docs, and other collaborative technologies as we need them. The goal is to create meaningful products (or at least progress) on these time scales.

The team topics are driven by the member interests. You are welcome to propose and/or participate in these teams. The sign-up process is described at [4] and the group names, descriptions, and slack channels are in other tabs on that sheet [e.g., 5].

This is the first invitation being extended beyond the original RDA group, but we'd like to encourage the wider semantic community to be aware of it and engage as they deem appropriate.

John

[1] VSSIG home page: https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/vocabulary-services-interest-group.html
[2] Meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GHtQD2qPLH_UQDte_rvBotwvJBVV9cI28xX2Yqf6Bks/edit#heading=h.oju23nz2wipa
[3] Follow-on email: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/vocabulary-services-interest-group/post/next-steps-formation-task-groups