INC NEWS - Re: [durhaminc] Fw: URGENT ! ! !

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 19:05:42 EST 2005

ummm, actually, this isn't a real threat.

from Symantec, publishers of Norton Utilities.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jesus-hoax.html

Guts to Say Jesus Hoax

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages
regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause
unwarranted concern.

Also Known As :
RETURNED OR UNABLE TO DELIVER

Type:
Hoax

This is not a virus; it is a hoax, and it should be ignored. The
following are three known varients of this hoax:

the website then goes on to list the three slightly different emails
that are currently circulating around this hoax.

To my knowledge there is no executable code that is capable of
hijacking both macintosh and Windows machines.

barry ragin