INC NEWS - you guys rock!

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Mar 11 02:10:16 EST 2005

Just a note of thanks to all those who sent messages to the City (and
passed it along to their friends) regarding the EANG park issue. My geek
buddies at the City said the server was smoking (this is a small group
compared to the whole group I sent the request for help too; but it all
added up I guess; maybe it was all of your friends who did it).

Just to bring you up to date on something that happened today. Wade and
Carolyn Penney have offered to sell an additional 15 acres of creek side
land to the governments for $5,000 an acre if this thing will work out.
But Durham City still needs to get onboard. The Few's have 20 acres beside
this new land offered for sale at $50,000 an acre so this really sweetens
the deal. The County and City have been trying to buy this land now
offered for the last 14 years. So this is big.

It doesn't go before the City Council until their work session on the 24th
(we had thought it was going to happen today but it was postponed). So if
I ask for your help one more time before this gets to the right ears, I'll
thank you again for that.

And to those in PAC2, there will be someone at your meeting on Monday to
help you understand this issue better. I understand it is on your agenda
and I have notified the Vice-Chair of the New Hope Creek Corridor Advisory
Committee to be there to explain any questions you may have. She really
understands the big picture. She will also be at the Coffee With Council
meeting on Saturday for PAC3. This land is, and future park (that's a park
like a wooded park, not like a playground park; a natural park if you
will) will be, in PAC3. So it's important for those who live in PAC3 to
understand what it is all about. I didn't mean to leave out PAC4 or PAC1.
No one from those areas have contacted me wanting more information.

Randy Pickle