INC NEWS - Crime Prevention

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 13:08:01 EST 2005

FYI

I am forwarding information from Eric Hester, Crime Prevention Officer for
District 2

Laura Drey

away. C.O.P. will also check on the elderly or infirm while patrolling your
neighborhood. Call the Crime Prevention Officer at your police substation.

Ask that people  PLEASE RESPOND directly to the Crime Prevention Officer for
their neighborhood.  Different parts of Durham have different C.O.P. and
Crime Prevention Officers.  When I called the desk number for the police
station  (560-4427) for the officers in the PACs and C.O.P.s in Durham I was
told that--- District 1 is handled by Officer Tammy Scott, District 2
Officer Eric Hester, District 3 Officer Blanchette, District 4 Officer Tony
Scott and District 5 Officer Thomas.  I was told that to get their phone
numbers and email addresses go to www.durhampolice.com.  (You may like to
check with your neighborhood¹s police substation to be sure that the names
are still current, since this email was written during the fall of 2004.)

The Police Department does promote Personal Safety Programs where we discuss
how a person can prevent different types of crimes from occurring.  If we
can accommodate a Personal Safety Program for the residents of your
neighborhood let the Crime Prevention Officer for your district know.  The
Police Department does not promote self defense classes.

If you think any of the residents would like to have a house check, the
information listed below is needed to provide a thorough house check. They
are:

1) Name and Address

2) Date leaving and returning

3) Any vehicles left in the driveway.

4) Any lights left on in the residence.

5) If persons will be coming by to feed animals.  If so who and what type of
vehicle they may be driving.

6) Name and phone number of a key holder in the event of an emergency.

Please do not request a house check through the list serve.

Eric Hester

Crime Prevention Officer

District 2