INC NEWS - yard waste issues forgotten

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Wed May 4 14:00:36 EDT 2005

Yesterday was the first time since we made the switch of not being able to
use the green carts for yard waste that my yard waste wasn't picked up. I
don't have a current sticker and have no plans to invest any more money in
a failed system that didn't work. It's already cost me more than $200, and
hasn't fixed the illegal dumping problems this City faces from having such
a poorly executed thought process.  I guess I'll become like the rest of
those folks who just dump their yard waste over the bank somewhere. I have
8 of these dumps within a half a mile of where I live to choose from, so I
won't have to look far (or travel far) to get rid of the waste.

As the co-sponsor of the Yard Waste resolution passed by INC, one would
have thought that the City would have addressed this issue. Yet we have
have heard nothing. There is no light at the end of this tunnel it would
seem.  Or no one there that hears our need for change.

Randy Pickle
Forest Hills