INC NEWS - it wasn't me

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Thu May 12 17:42:37 EDT 2005

Just to stop the flood of emails, the person mentioned having been nabbed
for illegal dumping of yard waste (in the press release today from the
City) is not me. I said I should just dump mine since I have 8 dumps
around me, but I didn't and won't. That's just not the right thing to do.
But a wonderful surprize took place this week that allows me to continue
participating in the current yard waste program.

For months, they have been picking up my yard waste even though I had no
current sticker. That was until last week when they left me a note to that
effect. But this week, 2 solid waste trucks rolled up in front of the
house and preceeded my waste cans. They were there to repair/replace my
broken one. They ended up replacing it with a yard waste cart that has a
current sticker. So thanks to this odd piece of luck, it looks like I'm
legal again. Or has something else happened here? Am I now stealing the
service?

Does this seem like a bribe to just shut me up? Have I become a part of
the graft that causes this city to loose thousands a year in uncollected
fees? Maybe all you have to say is that you're going to dump it and since
it' seems so popular (with all the dumping going on), they think you will
(and then you get a sticker). I had over $200 in the past stickers and
cans we have all bought during this failed system service. Maybe it was
just a reward for helping this crippled idea along. I think 1800 or more
of us were fooled for a while thinking it would work if we wanted too.
Arresting illegal dumpers is a start (if we can't fix it in other ways).
Cleaning up the dumping makes the whole city look better. Looking better
is part of feeling better about it all.

But the person they arrested wasn't me!

Randy Pickle
Forest Hills