INC NEWS - High School report cards are out

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 19:26:04 EDT 2005

Hey, there are whole regions of the country not on the list (Iowa, the
Dakotas, etc.).  They just used % of students with AP classes or
international bacheloreate (or however you spell that).  In particular, it
says nothing about what is happening with the kids who aren't going to
college.  I agree that we have a lot to fix in the Durham schools, but a LOT
of the things that need fixing (everything about kids who have given up on
learning and are concentrating on causing trouble, for example) won't get
measured the way Newsweek does it.

Regards, pat carstensen