INC NEWS - [Fwd: [oldnorthdurham]

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Sat May 28 18:04:04 EDT 2005

This announcement comes from our neighbor Calvary United Methodist
Church corner of East Trinity and Elizabeth. The sancuary is used for
another congregation on Sunday afternoons. I will be walking around to
the fellowship hall entrance first or following signs to the reading.

Richard Mullinax

_*TIM TYSON TO BE AT CALVARY - JUNE 5^TH at 3:00 p.m. *_

/_*Blood Done Sign My Name*_* */*is the story of racial strife that
erupted in Oxford, NC in 1970 after a white businessman killed Dickie
Marrow, a young black Vietnam veteran. It is our history laid out in
vivid detail from the viewpoint of an 11-year-old boy, the son of Rev.
Vernon Tyson, the Methodist pastor and civil rights activist in town. It
is a true story. Tim Tyson will be reading from his much-acclaimed book
on Sunday afternoon, June 5, at 3:00pm at Calvary United Methodist
Church. Come and bring a friend. Let your heart be touched by our
ongoing reality of racism. Let your mind remember. Let your soul find
hope for a different tomorrow. Following the reading will be a
question-and-answer period, time for discussion, and light refreshments.
All are welcome. Mark your calendar now for Sunday, June 5^th at 3:00 p.m.*

***
The opinions expressed herein represent the views of the individual and
do not necessarily represent the views of Old North Durham Neighborhood
Association or any other organization. Any use of the material
on this listserv other than for the purpose of discussion on this
listserv is strictly prohibited without the knowledge and consent of the
person responsible for such opinion.
***

--
Richard Mullinax