INC NEWS - Durham Unity Rally! Sunday, June 5, 4pm Durham Armory

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 13:19:11 EDT 2005

Please post, forward and announce!

Sorry for any duplications

SONG  Action  Alert

Durham Unity Rally

Sunday, June 5, 2005

4:00 - 5:00 pm (doors open at 3:30 pm)

Durham Armory

220 Foster Street (between Morgan & Chapel Hill Streets)

Downtown Durham (across from the Marriott Hotel)

Partial list of speakers/entertainment: Mayor William Bell; Larry Holt,
Chair
of the Durham Human Relations Commission; Mab Segrest, former staff of
North Carolinians Against Racist and Religious Violence; Rev. Wanda Floyd,
Pastor of Imani MCC Church; the Imani MCC Church Choir; others.

Please join us, calling for:

PEACE, UNITY and RECONCILIATION in DURHAM

Sponsor: Durham Human Relations Commission/Department

Contact: Yvonne Pena - Director, Durham Human Relations Department
919-560-4410 . Yvonne.Pena at durhamnc.gov

The following help is needed --- distributing English/Spanish posters/fliers
for the Rally.
Financial and in-kind donations (such as: one half inch royal blue ribbons
and bottled water, etc.)
are welcome.

This email is being circulated as a courtesy by SONG. We are one of the
many community groups co-sponsoring the Unity Rally.

For peace, justice, and equality!

Mandy
Mandy Carter, Executive Director
Southerners On New Ground (SONG)
201 West Main Street, Suite 302
Durham, NC 27701-3228
919-667-1362, Phone
919-683-6395, Fax
www.southnewground.org <file://www.southnewground.org>
Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10AM-6PM (EST)
Celebrating 12 years of building progressive movement
across the South by connecting race, class, culture,
gender and sexual identity. Founded, 1993.

The cross burnings happened in the state of North Carolina and do not
impact Durham alone.  We would like for people from outside of Durham to
come and support us.

Laura Drey

P.S.  I suggest that when folks send out future email blasts that the email
address
being sent as blind copy.  Thanks.