INC NEWS - Tonight Durham city budget hearing --- regressive cuts threatened

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 17:07:41 EDT 2005

Durham City Council Meeting Monday, June 6 @ 7 pm at the Durham City Hall in
the Council Chambers

URGENT ACTIONS NEEDED ---

Lobbying the Durham City Council members before six in the evening on
Monday, June 6th is extremely important.  A couple of the key issues are ---
Funding for affordable housing (see below) and El Centro Hispano (see
below).

You may leave a message on each of the Durham City Council members¹ voice
mail - 560-4396

One email address for all of the DURHAM CITY COUNCILS¹ is:
council at ci.durham.nc.us <mailto:council at ci.durham.nc.us>

The individual members may be contacted at:

Diane Cattoti dcattoti at ci.durham.nc.us <mailto:dcattoti at ci.durham.nc.us>

Bill Bell bbell at ci.durham.nc.us <mailto:bbell at ci.durham.nc.us>

Eugene Brown ebrown at ci.durham.nc.us <mailto:ebrown at ci.durham.nc.us>

Cora Cole McFadden ccole-McFadden at ci.durham.nc.us
<mailto:ccole-McFadden at ci.durham.nc.us>

Howard Clement <clement at ci.durham.nc.us>

John Best, Jr   jpbestjr at aol.com

Laura Drey

--------------

Lorisa Seibel <lorisa at dahc.org>  wrote:

Monday, June 6, 7:00pm, City Hall, 1st floor, 101 City Hall Plaza
City Council Meeting, 2005-6 Budget Public Hearing, & 2005-2010 Consolidated
housing and community development plan adoption
(http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/departments/housing/pdf/05-10draft_plan.pdf)

------------------------

Elizabeth A Stern <stern007 at mc.duke.edu> wrote:

Hello Friends of El Centro Hispano:

El Centro Hispano funding cut threatened by Durham  City Council

If you haven¹t already had the chance to write a letter of support to Durham
City Council about fully funding El Centro Hispano this year, here¹s an easy
way to do it. Hit CTRL click at end of this sentence to access a web page
that will send your letter by email to each council member.  Hacer click
aquí: Salve El Centro <http://salveelcentro.dannycook.com/>

A committee recommended cutting our funding from $44,000 to $5,000.  The
funding helps support our referral office, interpretation for City Housing
Dept, our Young Leaders in Action (JLA), our summer camp, and supplements
our annual Health Fiesta.)

If at all possible, please join us to show your physical presence and
support when we address the City Council.

When? Monday, June 6, 6pm meet at El Centro Hispano

            6:30 pm, depart El Centro Hispano and march over to City Hall

            7:00 pm address Members of City Council

Light snack provided at El Centro Hispano before we march to City Hall.
 City Council Chambers are located on first floor of City Hall at 101 City
Hall Plaza (corner of Mangum and City Hall Plaza).

We look forward to seeing you tonight, Monday!!

Muchisimas Gracias,

Dawn Morgenstern

Laura Drey