INC NEWS - NEW HOPE CREEK PRESERVE pledges needed by July 15

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 16:00:36 EDT 2005

Information based on an email from:  "Wendy Jacobs" <geewen at nc.rr.com>

Dear Neighbors,

Just a quick update on the New Hope Creek Preserve.

Our pledge totals are now at about $160,000!!!!

This is wonderful but we are still $40,000 short of our $200,000 pledge
committement!

How can you help? Please send in your pledge for 2005 if you have not done
so yet. Thank you so much if you have done so already.

Please consider pledging this same amount for one or even two more years.
(Payment for the land will be finalized in 2008).

You can easily pledge by visiting our pledge page at www.ErwinNeighbor.org
<http://www.ErwinNeighbor.org>  or by calling Liz at Triangle Land
Conservancy (TLC) at 833-3662.

If everyone pledges for one more year we can easily make this $40,000.

On July 15, 2005 Durham County will make its first installment of $200,000
to Duke University for the 43 acre Duke tract. This money will essentially
be the Eno Area Neighborhood Group (EANG) contribution but TLC will be
fronting this money for EANG to Durham County because all of the pledge
money has not come in yet.

WE ARE SO GRATEFUL TO TLC FOR TAKING ON THIS ROLE FOR EANG AND OUR COMMUNITY
AS A WHOLE!

LET'S FULFILL OUR $200,000 PLEDGE GOAL BY JULY 15 AND NOT LET TLC DOWN!

Durham County has submitted a $1,112,000 grant application to the Clean
Water Management Trust Fund to help pay for the cost of the Duke Tract and
purchase of the Penny land. On July 25, EANG will help sponsor a tour for NC
legislators so that they can visit the New Hope Preserve site.

Recent news is that Jordan Lake is now slated to be a source of Durham's
drinking water.  Jordan Lake is on the EPA watch list as a water source that
is threatened by run off makes protection of New Hope Creek watersheds more
important than ever.

PLEASE HELP SEND IN YOUR PLEDGE COMMITTMENT AND CONSIDER PLEDGING FOR ONE
MORE YEAR!!!

Please pass this update onto your friends and neighbors.

Thank you again for helping to make New Hope Creek Preserve a reality.

Wendy Jacobs
Chair, Erwin Area Neighborhood Group