INC NEWS - Upcoming pedestrian safety forums

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 8 16:39:12 EDT 2005

Hi all,

just a reminder that workshops for the "Durham Walks" pedestrian plan
are coming up over the next two weeks.

Durham citizens are invited to attend one of five public workshops in
mid-July to learn about the “DurhamWalks” Pedestrian Plan, take surveys
on local walking conditions and give feedback on Durham’s
pedestrian-related policies and infrastructure.  These ‘drop-in’ style
sessions will be held on the following dates in the five Partners
Against Crime (PAC) districts of the City.  Presentations will be given
at the top of each hour (i.e. 5pm, 6pm, 7pm).  Each workshop will
provide the same material, so it is not necessary to attend more than
one meeting or limit participation to meetings within a particular PAC
district.

These workshops are part of the city's recent allocation of $313K to
study the current state of pedestrian facilities in Durham, and to make
recommendations as to how to improve these.

I am representing the Inter-Neighborhood Council on the stakeholders
committee which is helping to oversee the development of the plans. If
you have any issues, concerns, or suggestions regarding pedestrian
safety in Durham, please attend one of these meetings at the
time/location given below. You do not need to attend the meeting being
held in your PAC if it is not convenient for you. You can attend any of
these forums.

If you cannot attend any of them, I have set up an email account to
receive suggestions, concerns and comments from you and your neighbors.
I will not be responding to any of these emails, but I will be gathering
them and forwarding them to the committee. That address is
durhampedstudy at yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Barry Ragin
DPNA President