INC NEWS - [pac2] RE: [pac4] Tennis Shoes on Power Lines

Tom Clark tomc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 18:36:40 EST 2005

Yes, Snopes.com has no evidence either that tennis-shoes-over-power-lines is
any indication of gang activity. (see
http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/sneakers.htm)

It's great that the institutions (City Gov't, Duke Power, citizen groups
etc.) are so ready to act on this alleged sign.  But more reassuring is the
idea that it's not really true that the shoes are a sign of gang activity.

Could someone from law enforcement comment on this issue?

Thanks,
TC