INC NEWS - Prohibit Unrequested Phone Books?

TheOcean1@aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 16:22:58 EST 2005

Nancy

 I applaud your calling them to express your displeasure.  However, even if
many of did so, I doubt they'd stop.

 It's due to their income being based on the number of  folks reached. When
they sell the ads, if they bragged that it would get to  40,000 homes, the ad
would sell for one price.
If the circulation were 80,000, the ad price would nearly  double.

 That might explain why the three on your lawn! Would make a  great newspaper
article, to get to the advertisers, and ask them how many folks  "they think"
they are reaching.

 Since three on one lawn creates the perception that the phone  book company
has inflated it's circulation figures, this might cause them to  avoid that
perception.

 And if one on my lawn is freedom of speech, then the other  two are pure
litter.

IMHO

Bill