INC NEWS - Prohibit Unrequested Phone Books?

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Nov 18 22:45:44 EST 2005

I can't say this for sure because I do not know which books you received
this week, but they are different. One has Durham/Chapel Hill and the
other has Durham/RTP. There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive Triangle
phone book company. Something like "One Book". I think I even have one
that has Cary/RTP/Raleigh. All of these books come in handy from time to
time.

And it really doesn't cost us any more to recycle them. Tidewater Fiber
(our recycling contractor) gets paid by the houses they drive by. If you
set nothing out, they still get paid. If you set out 500 phone books, it's
all on them and we the citizens get our dollars worth (I think it's
actually something like $1.49 per house/per week; regardless if there is a
pickup at each one or not).

My gripe is that these folks do not have enough sense to see that I have a
circular driveway. So I always get double the number of books delivered as
I should.

RWP
Forest Hills