INC NEWS - Prohibit Unrequested Phone Books?

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 14:41:55 EST 2005

I agree with you on every front, Kelly. And I think
that we should be able to prevent delivery of unwanted
phone books, while still maintaining the ability of
companies to reach those who still use the yellow
pages, since those people wouldn't opt out. Is it true
that all business adverts in the yellow pages are also
available online? I presume that is the case, and if
so, then those of us opting out of the program clearly
find these companies via the same procedure using the
yellow pages online. Notifying the companies that we
want to opt out of receiving hard-copies of the
yellowpages, should only SAVE them money (in terms of
production costs). As long as they pass these savings
on to those who advertise with them, it seems to me
that everybody kicks a goal.

Just my two cents.
--Melissa Rooney
301 Spring Garden Drive