INC NEWS - Stop a proposed Adult Establishment in East Durham

Melvin Whitley tellmelvin at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 24 10:02:43 EST 2005

    On Jan. 6th, 2006 the Development Review Board will consider a request of Paradise Nightclub. This club will be in a high crime area and will add to our many problem. Two years ago we close down the last strip club and reduces prostitution and street crime. No adult Establishment should be permitted in any high crime area.
    East Durham need your help. We need letters to the City and County asking them to stop this proposed development.  Call them at 560-4137 or e-mail Dennis.Doty at Durhamnc.gov  If your organization have an experience with the Development Review Board please call me. Most of our organizations will not meet in December and I'm sure that is the reason for this early date. I also know that we are able to move a shake in any month. (smile) Stopping this Adult establishment is good for East Durham and for Durham. We all will bear the cost of not stopping it. We can do this. Please help us stop this proposed development.

Your Servant
Rev. Melvin Whitley
2614 Harvard Ave
Durham NC  27703