INC NEWS - Phone Books

Ken Gasch ken.gasch at hldproductions.com
Mon Nov 28 11:16:03 EST 2005

The most effective way to stop these phone book companies from dumping phone
books on our lawns is through their customers.

Place one of the offending books in your glove box.  Each time you visit a
neighborhood merchant, look to see if that merchant advertises in the book.
If they do, tell them that they should ask the company to put an effective
"do not deliver" list in place.

You can speak volumes to a corporate entity when you threaten their income
stream.  I used to consult to Coors Brewing Company.  We had a heck of a
time convincing Coors how much a consumer complaint cost the company in the
long run.

An unhappy customer could rob Coors of thousands of dollars in sales in his
or her lifetime. Not only does the consumer stop buying for herself, she can
also have a devastating effect on the buying habits of her friends.  We
worked to convince Coors that if a customer called with a complaint, that
the company should bend over backwards to make sure that the customer was
happy at the end of the call.

The Shell gas station at the corner of Roxboro and Club has recently
remodeled its store and in doing so, adopted all the latest trends in crime
prevention through environmental design (CPTED).  They also put up a small
sign above the entrance that says "Colonial Village Family Fare".

I drive a full size domestic pick up truck for my business.  It uses a lot
of high grade gasoline.  When ever I need to purchase an $80 tank of gas,
this is where I go.  I do not care if the gas across the street is cheaper
on that particular day.  I always go to my Shell station.

Ken Gasch