INC NEWS - An Adult Establishment mybe coming to your Community

EReckhow@aol.com EReckhow at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 23:48:01 EST 2005

Melvin,
There is not a public hearing on Monday morning. The public hearing has  been
closed. The City Council and Board of County Commissioners  will be taking
final action on the UDO. We have been advised by our attorneys  that we cannot
change the provisions for adult  establishments without a more extensive
process.
I will be advocating making the change a top priority at a meeting on
Tuesday, December 6 of the Joint City County Planning Committee.
I am sorry for any confusion. I am sympathetic and definitely want to help
but based on our attorneys' advice we cannot make the change on Monday.
Ellen

Ellen Reckhow
Chairman
Durham County Board of  Commissioners