INC NEWS - Falconbridge

TheOcean1@aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 12:31:37 EST 2006

Until about two years ago, the neighborhood association list was maintained
by the City of Durham. That old list needed cleaning up, and INC formed a
wonderful new relationship with Durham Convention &  Visitors Bureau, as they are
the recognized masters of database  management.

INC volunteers slowly made corrections to the list, and suggested all
neighborhood associations update their info with Durham  Convention & Visitors
Bureau, who provided an email address for  the purpose: _Neighbors at Durham-CVB.com_
(mailto:Neighbors at Durham-CVB.com)
And a phone number 680-8328

Due to the City's understandable need for this list, and 20 years of
maintaining it in cooperation with INC, some City personnel continue to  encourage
updates to be sent directly to the City of Durham.

_Toya Merritt_ (mailto:Toya.Merritt at durhamnc.gov)  did a  great job, even
visiting DCVB to help put all concerned on the same page. But  alas, old habits
die hard. The result is some neighborhoods updating with  the City, others
updating with DCVB.
If this continues, a complete list may never again be available.

I would encourage the City and DCVB to once again re-visit and hop on the
same page, then issue an official statement.

Surely the City's legal requirement to maintain such a list would be  greatly
enhanced from DCVB's capable effort in assuring it is as up to date as
possible.

Bill Anderson
Immediate Past President INC
688-4550

In a message dated 2/23/2006 8:39:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,