INC NEWS - Falconbridge

Rkitchin@aol.com Rkitchin at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 21:14:21 EST 2006

Hi Bill,
    I wondered about the request to send current information about
associations to the city rather than to DCVB, but thot perhaps things had changed.
    I've copied Jonathan Freeze, DCVB director of marketing and
communications, on this message so that he and Toya can talk about who keeps the list these
days.
   For Falconbridge, I'm the INC delegate (rkitchin at aol.com) . Jim Rolls is
the editor of our newsletter (jrolls at nc.rr.com), and Eston Campbell
(estoncampbel at aol.com) is the Falconbridge Community Association president.   So,
Jonathan and Toya, here are the Falconbridge community names.
    Best,
     Rosemarie

Bill Anderson, past president of INC, wrote   me (Rosemarie Kitchin):
 Until about two years ago, the neighborhood association list was maintained
by the City of Durham. That old list needed cleaning up, and INC formed a
wonderful new relationship with Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau, as they are
the recognized masters of database management.

 INC volunteers slowly made corrections to the list, and suggested all
neighborhood associations update their info with Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
, who provided an email address for the purpose: Neighbors at Durham-CVB.com
 And a phone number 680-8328

 Due to the City's understandable need for this list, and 20 years of
maintaining it in cooperation with INC, some City personnel continue to encourage
updates to be sent directly to the City of Durham.

 Toya Merritt did a great job, even visiting DCVB to help put all concerned
on the same page. But alas, old habits die hard. The result is some
neighborhoods updating with the City, others updating with DCVB.
 If this continues, a complete list may never again be available.

 I would encourage the City and DCVB to once again re-visit and hop on the
same page, then issue an official statement.

 Surely the City's legal requirement to maintain such a list would be greatly
enhanced from DCVB's capable effort in assuring it is as up to date as
possible.

 Bill Anderson
 Immediate Past President INC
 688-4550