INC NEWS - Thanks -- Raleigh TTA resolution withdrawn...

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 15:00:14 EST 2006

Your support for public transportation made a
difference!

On Tuesday, March 7th, Raleigh City Councilman Philip
Isley withdrew a motion that would have diverted
Raleigh and Wake County's share of the 5 percent
rental car tax from funding regional transit. Isley's
action came after debate by the council on the tax
from Durham, Orange and Wake counties to help finance
the local portion of the planned Regional Rail Transit
System.

Thank you for your e-mails of support. Backers of
public transportation in the Triangle have shared
their thoughts with the council and we believe that
our riders' endorsement speaks well of efforts. The
funding will continue to go toward transit.

TTA is committed to working with you as we enhance
transit options that include regional bus service,
vanpools, carpooling and regional rail.

TTA Communications Office