INC NEWS - [pac2] RE: agenda and proposed resolutions for April 25 meeting

Anne Guyton annemguyton at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 10:49:32 EDT 2006

Absolutely - other issues would really benefit from this energy and benefit Durham more.

  Anne Guyton

bragin at nc.rr.com wrote:  i still have to poll the DPNA board on this, so these are my opinions,
not our official position.

while the language of the current proposal is much less odious than the
previous proposal, this to me is a much lower priority issue than
getting the current housing/zoning codes, violations of which are
reported and repeatedly ignored, enforced in a timely manner. i'd much
rather see more pressure put on landlords and property managers who
neglect their properties to start conforming with our existing codes,
or going after illegal dumpers, than have the police spending their
time busting a relative handful of people who are soliciting spare
change on the public right-of-way.

the bang for the buck return on this proposal is going to be relatively
small.

barry ragin