INC NEWS - [pac2] RE: agenda and proposed resolutions for April25 meeting

Reyn Bowman Reyn at Durham-cvb.com
Fri Apr 21 10:59:01 EDT 2006

Starting somewhere has merit as clearly do the other postings.   Fact is, scientific public opinion polls of Durham residents show appearance to be a major issue.  They also show that people believe the community wide curb appeal negatively impacts property values and fosters resistance to tax increases to cover those more important issues.

My take is....what were are doing definitely isn't working for a variety of reasons.   And we need to give some new initiatives a try....Hats off to INC for giving it consideration.

Reyn Bowman

________________________________

From: inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org [mailto:inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org] On Behalf Of Anne Guyton
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 10:50 AM
To: bragin at nc.rr.com; TheOcean1 at aol.com
Cc: pac2 at yahoogroups.com; inc-list at durhaminc.org
Subject: Re: INC NEWS - [pac2] RE: agenda and proposed resolutions for April25 meeting

Absolutely - other issues would really benefit from this energy and benefit Durham more.

Anne Guyton

bragin at nc.rr.com wrote:

i still have to poll the DPNA board on this, so these are my opinions,
not our official position.

while the language of the current proposal is much less odious than the
previous proposal, this to me is a much lower priority issue than
getting the current housing/zoning codes, violations of which are
reported and repeatedly ignored, enforced in a timely manner. i'd much
rather see more pressure put on landlords and property managers who
neglect their properties to start conforming with our existing codes,
or going after illegal dumpers, than have the police spending their
time busting a relative handful of people who are soliciting spare
change on the public right-of-way.

the bang for the buck return on this proposal is going to be relatively
small.

barry ragin

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman2/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>  using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.