INC NEWS - Forwarded notice re. concerts on West Campus on April 26

Susan Kauffman susan.kauffman at duke.edu
Sun Apr 23 16:35:24 EDT 2006

  Dear Neighborhood Residents,

  My name is Mark Middaugh, and I am the chairman of an annual Duke event
  known as the Last Day of Classes.  Every year, on the last day of school
  before finals, Duke students head to the quad to celebrate the end of the
  academic year and enjoy a live concert.   This year, on April 26, we will
  be hosting the musical artists Matt Costa, Rahzel, and Guster.   Student
  bands will perform from 5-8 PM, and the professional artists will take
  over at 8 PM.   They will perform on an outdoor stage on our West Campus
  from 8 PM until about 11 PM.  If it rains on April 26, then the event
  will be held indoors.

  As chairman of this event, I wanted to give you a heads-up that this
  concert may produce noise which will extend beyond Duke's campus.   We
  will work to minimize community disruptions due to the concert.   If you
  have any concerns, you are more than welcome to contact me at
  mark.middaugh at duke.edu or contact the Office of Community affairs at
  668-6275.

  Thank you for your time.

  Best,
  Mark Middaugh
  Chairman, Duke University Last Day of Classes Committee