INC NEWS - Possibly Sponsor a team on the Baseball League (DBYAL)

risafoster at aol.com risafoster at aol.com
Wed May 10 04:17:45 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

 I hope you find this useful, informative, and effective information
that you may well act on yourself, your organiztion or business, or
forward the idea to others.

Durham organizations, businesses, and non profits have the opportunity
to sponsor a Little League team here in Durham; part of the DBYAL
Baseball League for $218. This is for the 15 players, on each team, and
also includes the price to have the name of the sponsor on the back of
the tee shirts, up above the shoulders. I personally suggest allocating
additional money for a pizza dinner at the beginning of the league and
at the end, at least at the end of the league. It so helps the team,
and camaraderie, and it gives the sponsors a chance to meet the team.
We have allocated a total of $300 for the season, uniforms, and two
pizza dinners. (Two pizza dinners is not required.)

We sponsor a team and what a positive experience it has been so far!
Coaches, assistants, parents, friends, and team members come up to
thank me, over and over again. They shake my hand, and tell me they are
so pleased we are here. They even introduce me to the rest of the
family. It is such a positive experience; it has been quite humbling to
be honest. I had no idea that much activity and that many people were
out and about on a Saturday in Durham. (Hundreds of families, with
friends, come to the field to watch the game.)

Anyone interested please contact Tanner Thompson, Recreation Assistant
Supervisor at 560-4355. Or, they can contact me and I will start the
ball rolling, they would just need to tell me the contact person for
their organization and I will make the calls to get them to Tanner. It
is a very simple process and Tanner is a delight to work with. His
email is: tannerthompson at nc.durham.org

I know that Tanner is most eager to find a sponsor for a team that is
age 13 to 15. I am not sure, but I worry they may not be able to get
this team going in time, though there are many teams already arranged.
Personally, I just hate thinking of a group of 13 to 15 year old that
want to play and may not be able to. (That seems wrong doesn't it? In
someway.)

I believe this is the truest win/win situation there is today.
The city gets help covering costs and can then have more teams. The
kids have sponsors, and the interaction and support from their
community. And the business has a chance to show their support,
interact with the community, invest in their activities, and well, gets
their name of the backs of 15 team players running around the bases and
then about town.

Please let me answer any other questions you may have and please
consider this sponsorship,

Thank you again,

risa foster
919.416.0222home