INC NEWS - other workers wages

Ronnie Griffin res1m28r at verizon.net
Mon May 22 18:33:48 EDT 2006

Why not look and consider something outside the box rather than the typical
governmental response of spending more tax payer money?  This situation has
revealed another over sight and management problem in our City.  Are you
proud that Durham has the highest tax rate in the state?  Do you want to pay
these workers the same as lawyers and doctors?  Comparing the "skills" of
driving a truck and collecting garbage to that of teachers, policemen and
firemen is ludicrous.

Why not consider out sourcing the entire solid waste program?
Why not consider out sourcing the solid waste collection as has been done
with the recycling program?
Why not consider the private construction and private management of an
incinerator or other state of the art methods to burn our trash while using
our trash to produce electricity, etc. as other "leading" cities in our
country?

Are the wages quoted through all these considering the other benefits such
as medical, dental, medications, paid holidays, liberal vacation time and
retiremement?

Randy you are an expert in this area and hope that our City officials will
make the opportunity to listen to your opinions and ideas.

Ronnie Griffin