INC NEWS - [pac2] Re: Animal control issues

Bailey, Cindy cbailey at co.durham.nc.us
Mon Jul 24 10:28:03 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I thought I would take this opportunity to bring you up to date on the
three addresses mentioned by Barry in his email.  An officer was out
last week and these are his actions per address:

1623 Avondale:  met with owner, found no cruelty, dogs have access to
finished basement.  The chains are over 20 feet long and the dogs could
not get tangled.  He did issue notice to have the dogs vaccinated and
licensed.  However, he did tell the officer that he was moving in a few
weeks.

1705 Avondale:  met with family and they immediate corrected the
tethering issues.  The dogs had a carport for shade but they were issued
notice to get dog houses in addition to the carport.  They will receive
a follow up visit on 7-25.

1707 Avondale:  owner not home.  Found no cruelty violations, 2 dogs
have ample water and were in a pen approximately 10x10 with a dog house.
The largest dog was a Min Pincher and 1 puppy approximately 8 weeks old.
The officer will follow up with the owner regarding adding more space
when the puppy grows.

I hope this at least answers what is happening at these addresses.  If
not please feel free to contact me.

Cindy Bailey
Durham County Animal Control