INC NEWS - Help DPR install a Playground!

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Wed Jul 26 14:23:22 EDT 2006

I am writing to make you aware of a wonderful and fun volunteer
opportunity. The Durham Parks and Recreation Department is proud to
announce that the playground at Morreene Rd Park, created specifically
w/ children with disabilities in mind, will be ready for installation
August 8. We hope to complete the project in 5 days, ending on Saturday,
August 12.

I am writing to ask for your help in recruiting 20-25 volunteers to help
install this play equipment. If we use some volunteer labor, DPR can
save some funds on this project, and thus purchase more items for the
area (we need a shade structure, b/c there NO shade there). There is a
student group from Duke that is committing 5-10 volunteers. There is no
official age limit, but we are looking for persons ~ 15 years of age and
older. These volunteers will need to be able to lift and put together
playground equipment and be able to stay on task.  The company we are
working with will still have qualified installers on site and will still
warranty the installation.

If you would like background information on this project and/or want to
volunteer, please call Sarah Hogan, Recreation Manager (Special
Populations/Inclusion and Mature Adults)at 919-560-4355 or email at
Sarah.hogan at durhamnc.gov <mailto:Sarah.hogan at durhamnc.gov>  .

Thanks so much!!

Annette L. Smith

Recreation Manager of Administrative Services

Durham Parks and Recreation

919-560-4355 x214

www.durhamnc.gov <http://www.durhamnc.gov>

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for our community to
PlayMore!