INC NEWS - Fw: [pac5] Re: [pac2] Community Response - Northgate Park area - Saturday, August 12

American LAbor americanlabor at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 12:26:31 EDT 2006

All,

Cheryl and I would like to thank everyone who's been so supportive of us after last night's attack on her mother.

She is recovering from the assault in an undisclosed location as the assailant is still at large.

We especially want to thank the officers and investigators of the Durham Police Department who were so quick to respond to her incident and the professional way they conducted themselves in her home shortly afterwards.

Eric Hester and the COPS in District 2 deserve medals in our opinion as they were instrumental in locating the stolen vehicle and offering emotional support long into the evening last night.

I want to thank our new neighbor and friend LIne Dempsey for his patience and expertise installing new locks and security devices at the home after the intrusion to make it safe again..

DL and Bobby,  thanks again for getting the car towed back home,  I can't tell you how much Marie  worried about it!

You all are great!

To those friends and neighbors who want to help,  we're asking you to be vigilant in your own neighborhood.   Keep and eye out on your block.

Report suspicious activity and try to remember to jot down license plate numbers for vehicles/persons that just don't 'fit'.

Finally,  we wish upon you a gift that it never happens to you or your family.

Be smart, stay involved and never, never, ever GIVE UP!!!!!

mike shiflett