INC NEWS - Fw: Forum on how Domestic Violence affects the Workplace

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:57:38 EDT 2006

StoriesWork

PO Box 51693   Durham , NC  27717   919-321-8969

info at storieswork     www.storieswork.org

For immediate release

On Thursday, October 12, 2006, from  8 to 11:30 am, StoriesWork and the
Professional Women's Network of the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
present "Losing Business, Losing Money, Losing Employees: How Domestic
Violence Impacts the Workplace."  The event is held at the Chamber offices,
Durham Centre, 300 W. Morgan Street, Suite 1400, Durham, 27701.  There is no
fee and a continental breakfast will be provided.   Space is limited and
advance registration is advised at dkaspar at durhamchamber.org  or Danielle
Kaspar 682-2133 ext.233

The financial loss to American business from the workplace effects of
domestic violence is estimated at over $5 billion annually.  Losses result
from increased health insurance costs, absenteeism, low morale, job loss,
work accidents, safety issues, law suits, etc.   "Losing Business, Losing
Money, Losing Employees" is supported in part by the Mary Duke Biddle
Foundation to raise awareness about domestic violence issues in the
workplace and to explore sensible policies and procedures for business
organizations.