INC NEWS - FW: Fwd: FW: Apex Fire

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:26:13 EDT 2006

Thanks to Ellen and various local officials on following up on my questions
whether something like the fire at toxic waste handling place in Apex could
happen in Durham.  The short answers (in case you don't get the attachment)
are
1) The closest temporary storage /routing place (that is, with regulatory
treatment like the one in Apex) is in Creedmore.
2) The UDO restrictions do apparently apply to these facilities. (See
correspondence with Frank Duke, below)

In other news, the governor has started a task force to look into what we
could be doing better on toxic waste handling in the state.

Regards, pat

Duke, Frank <Frank.Duke at durhamnc.gov>