INC NEWS - Zoning Reports

Ken Gasch ken.gasch at hldproductions.com
Wed Nov 1 09:25:24 EST 2006

Our zoning enforcement officers have a finite amount of time to devote to enforcement. We, the tax payers, pay for that time.

Neighborhood folks are some of their best "reporters". Some reporters do a better job than others.

Consider the most common report that comes in. This is, of course, parking in front yards. In order to send out a notice of violation (NOV), the enforcement officers needs proof that the violation occurred. If we help provide that proof, we save them time. We save ourselves money and we get more violations resolved.

A photograph is worth a thousand words. Please consider taking photos and sending them in instead of just giving a list of addresses. This has proved very helping in my own neighborhood. Please date these photos. Please be willing to testify if the matter goes to trial. If you are uncomfortable about testifying, get a neighbor to go with you. To date, I have never been asked to testify.

We need for our zoning folks to be able to get to as many reports as possible. If zoning folks are driving around trying to catch folks parking in yards, this is a waste of their time. It is a waste of our money.

One photo is attached as an example. Please note the file naming convention. StreetNumber-StreetName-Violation-DateStamp.jpg

Happy reporting.

Ken Gasch