INC NEWS - Defrauding the Durham Housing Authority? -Not so fast!

Ken Gasch ken.gasch at hldproductions.com
Wed Nov 15 09:28:33 EST 2006

Thank you Roy Council, Durham Housing Authority's Fraud Investigator.  Thank you magistrates.  Thank you arresting officers.  Thank you DA's office.

Also, thank you the other folks who play the most important role in our criminal justice system.  I am referring to "we the people."  Somebody noticed signs that this fraud "could" have been occurring and that somebody reported it.  Good job!

Defrauding the DHA is like stealing from the collection plate at church.   The DHA's money is set aside to help people who truly need it.  See HS Crime Log below.

Ken Gasch

The Herald-Sun
Monday, November 13, 2006

Man charged with defrauding

Delton Gene Campbell, 37, of 1506 Milan St., was arrested and charged Sunday with cheating and defrauding the Durham Housing Authority out of $17,740, a warrant stated.

The warrant alleged that Campbell and his spouse failed to report income as required, allowing them to receive more housing assistance than they were entitled to.

Bond was set at $1,500.