INC NEWS - Picking up leaves!

Chris Sevick csevick at verizon.net
Thu Dec 7 16:31:38 EST 2006

Yeah.  I occasionally pick up the free mulch/compost when it's offered.  It has quite a large concentration of plastic bags and other non-organic debris, but I guess that's a fair tradeoff, since it's free.  I just contend that people should think about whether disposing of yard waste is the most responsible thing to do.  We don't try to make a forest look nice by getting rid of the leaves, and in fact, we'd be harming the forest if we did that.  Maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere . . .

- Chris Sevick