INC NEWS - Introducing the Triangles' ONLY mall pet adoption center!

Emily Weinstein weinsteinart at verizon.net
Sat Jan 6 15:29:16 EST 2007

A rescue friend of mine opened this adoption center at the mall in
Morrisville (near Raleigh) and I wanted to pass this on so everyone
would know about it. Read below. This is a wonderful place and every
rescue group should take advantage of this opportunity to find homes
for the homeless!

Introducing the Triangles' ONLY mall pet adoption center!

www.animall.org

AniMall is a 4,000 square-foot non-profit pet adoption center located
in the Morrisville Outlet Mall. (I-40, exit 284A.) AniMall sells pet-
related merchandise (including Marley tents), consignment items for
rescues, and also offers obedience training with Sylvie of K-9
Solutions. AniMall, however, does not, nor will it ever SELL animals
of ANY kind. (Petsmart and Petco STILL sell reptiles, birds and small
mammals - ALL of whom show up in shelters year after year in
increasing numbers.)

AniMall started as an alternative to petstores that still sell
animals and/or offer little space for rescues to bring their
adoptables. AniMall provides space, advertising and we even do ALL
the clean-up. As a rescue all you do is provide the animals!

You can sign up for any shift that suits you M-F (10am-5:30pm) or
Saturday 10am-9pm and Sunday Noon-6pm. Our volunteers can also
scheduled to be on hand to help you hold leashes or talk to would-be
adopters.

We charge a small $10 fee per rescue per shift; however, if you hold
more than one adoption event within a given week - then you are
charged only ONE fee! The more you come, the cheaper it is, as we
also offer monthly discounts as well! Come four weekends in a row and
we will only charge you for TWO!

You also get a table and chairs at AniMall, a tablecloth and free
sodas/ bottled water for you, your volunteers and your animals (well,
they get tap water, but you get the gist).

Are you a cat rescuer? AniMall has 7 cat condos that can hold 2-3
adult cats and several kittens in ONE condo. Our two story condos are
a great way for adopters to see cats, PLUS we have an enclosed room
JUST for cats to interact with adopters. Dogs have a fenced
"greeting" area as well as easy access to an outdoor walk and potty
spot.

Do you have a cat or dog that does not "interview well"? Maybe he or
she is very timid and often gets overlooked because of that?

Bring him or her to AniMall during the week and we can guarantee that
she/he will get noticed! The best part is during the week, animals
that are shy don't get so stressed because they there is less traffic
and noise. PLUS - we have had LOTS of adoptions happen during the
weekday.

Yes, it is true that the Outlet Mall does not get as much traffic as
say, Southpoint Mall or even the flea market; however, here are some
numbers to chew on:

Average weekend number of visitors to AniMall: 300

Average daily weekday number of visitors: 75

Total number of adoptions at AniMall: More than 200!

(this number is only a modest estimate, we are certain that there are
more we have not accounted for!)

So, what are you waiting for? Contact Jenn below and bring your
cuties to animal and let's join together in 2007 to find some
wonderful pets some great forever homes!

Contact Jenn Binkley  jenn at animall.org <jenn at animall.org>