INC NEWS - 2 things as neighborhoods meet this month

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Mon Jan 8 20:50:19 EST 2007

I can see where it would be a violation if the party was running a tire
business. But just having tires doesn't sound like a violation.

For example, I bought a tow truck several years ago in Boston to transport
a disabled dune buggy I had in New Jersey back to NC (it was more cost
effective to do it this way instead of paying for a tow). When the tow
truck arrived back here at the house, it wasn't 2 days before Planning and
Zoning enforcement personel were out here asking questions. It had been
reported I was running a business over here and it looked like it was
towing (as they suggested). After I answered their questions, they left
and decided there was no violation. It';s okay to own a personal tow
truck, so there was no issue.At least not for me. It wasn't that I was
running a business at all, but some neighbor didn't like it because they
had to drive by and see a tow truck parked in my driveway. It continued to
bother them and I saw those enforcement personel again about 2 weeks
later. There was nothing anyone (but me) could do about the fact that
someone didn't like seeing the tow truck. And eventually, when I finished
with it, I resold it.

Perhaps that is the case with the tires. It's not illegal, but folks just
don't like looking at them. If it's a tire business, then that's another
deal.

Frank Duke is on this list, perhaps he'll comment.

RWP