INC NEWS - Border Collie missing/stolen north of Durham, NC

Emily Weinstein weinsteinart at verizon.net
Mon Jan 29 11:27:52 EST 2007

Permission to crosspost.

Border Collie missing or most likely stolen from north of Durham,
North Carolina.

Ben is a classically marked, rough coated, black and white Border
Collie, eleven years old, about 47 pounds but looks much bigger. He
was wearing a green coated nylon collar with a brass name plate with
our contact information.

He was last seen about 9 am Sunday, January 28 - we did not discover
he was missing for several hours, however, due to my thinking he was
with my husband and my husband thinking he was with me. We are
fairly certain that he must have been stolen shortly after being let
outside for a potty break. He does not wander, he is neutered, he is
not interested in any stock besides our sheep, and he is strongly
attached to our household routine. When he did not come in, in the
morning, I thought he had gone for a ride with my husband and kids.

BEN IS NOT VALUABLE. He is trained to work sheep, but would only
work competently for me. Ben is on several different meds,
including heart meds. He is also LETHALLY allergic to most dog
food. He is neutered.

I am desperate for information on Ben. We are afraid that people
passing by since we moved the sheep to the new pasture on the road,
seeing us work him, might have thought he was valuable, especially
since we recently had a Jack Knox clinic here. He is very friendly
and it would be quite easy to pick him up as we are right on the
road. I am crushed at the thought of his ending his days sick and in
unkind hands.

We are in Semora, North Carolina, which is about twenty minutes south
of Danville, an hour south of Lynchburg, ninety minutes from
Richmond, and thirty minutes north of Durham.

You can reach us at shouse at mebtel.net or (336) 234-0389 or (336)
692-0287 (Patrick cell number).

Becca Shouse