INC NEWS - UDO Text Amendment TC06-06

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Wed Jan 31 19:39:48 EST 2007

The size requirement cap (relative to home occupation) we have been
talking about will not start its journey through the process until next
week. That's why it isn't on the list. The only stuff under consideration
is stuff that has already been through all the processes to get to where
it is at this meeting. These are legal changes to written ordinances and
have a legal process they have to follow; notifications, publication,
comments, etc.

RWP
27 Beverly

> I went through the whole 35 pages and this is what is in the revisions.
> The
> 4 things that I saw worth discussing:
>
> 1 - Some changes on Home Occupation but not what we have been discussing
> at
> INC.
>
> 2 - New throrofare bonus in urban residential
> B. Thoroughfare Density Bonus
> Projects located along major or minor thoroughfares with rights-of-way
> greater than 50 feet in width may develop as townhomes, using the
> dimensional provisions of Sec. 7.1.8, Townhomes, so long as the average
> width of the townhome lots is at least 20 feet. Projects developed
> utilizing
> this option shall meet all of the requirements of Sec. 6.8, Infill
> Development in Residential Districts, where applicable, except that the
> requirements regarding minimum lot width established in Sec. 6.8.2, Lot
> Width, shall not apply.
>
> 3- New townhouse transition in urban residential
>
> Sites located immediately between non-residential and single-family
> residential uses may develop as townhomes, using the dimensional
> provisions of Sec. 7.1.8, Townhomes, to serve as a transitional use.
> Projects developed utilizing this option shall meet all of the
> requirements
> of Sec. 6.8, Infill Development in Residential Districts, where
> applicable,
> except that the requirements regarding minimum lot width established in
> Sec. 6.8.2, Lot Width, shall not apply.
>
> 4 - A whole lot on wireless towers but I didn't wade through this part
>

> ------
> The full list is:
> * Clearer language about coordinating comp plan change and zoning change
> * Deferrals and withdrawal timing is now 10 working days, not 10 days
> * Applicants for zoning change have 90 days (not "timely manner") to
> respond
> to request from Planning Director -- we assume the application is
> withdrawn
> if there is no response
> * On subdivision, if no revisions in response to comments in 90 days, also
> assume withdrawn
> * Requirements on wireless towers have new text substituted for old (this
> takes about 1/2 the 35 pages)
> * Home occupation: "where allowed" taken out (I think this is just
> cleaning
> up text), language added to allow alterations to comply with Americans
> with
> Disabilities Act, allow child care facilities to have outdoor play
> equipment, some clean up on the language about home occupation in rural
> residential.  Note that there is no change about limits of 600 square feet
> for home occupation, as discussed at INC meetings, so anyone who feels
> strongly about this should file comments.
> * New provisions to allow townhouses and higher density along major and
> [...]

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic  mail to the sender of
this email, RW  Pickle (pickle at patriot.net) immediately.