INC NEWS - 3/7 Emmett Till play; Nelson Mandela drawings

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 22:30:38 EST 2007

Wednesday, March 7 at 7:00 pm

Dar He: The Lynching of Emmett Till

Come see the one man show, starring Mike Wiley, which chronicles the murder,
trial and unbelievable confession of the men accused of Till's lynching. 50
years later questions still remain. 50 years later and no one has been
convicted.
www.mikewileyprouctioons.com

Hayti Heritage Center   683-1709
804 Old Fayetteville St   (D)
Art gallery, performances & movies.

I believe he brought the characters to life.  I cannot do justice in
describing the play.  My best recommendation is to go and see it for
yourselves. If you are interested in your school, house of worship, or other
location holding the play see the web page above.  It is great for getting
discussion going about history and today.  Laura Drey

--------

thru April 27

Strickland Building Lobby Monday - Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm
American Tobacco Campus, Durham  433-4260

³Spirit of Freedom: Drawings and Narratives by Nelson Mandela²

Now, the Triangle gets a rare chance to experience the inspiration and
eternal optimism expressed in artwork by Nobel Peace Prize winner and former
South African President, Nelson Mandela.  The exhibit, ³Spirit of Freedom:
Drawings and Narratives by Nelson Mandela,² illustrates Mandela's
imprisonment on Robben Island off Cape Town , South Africa , from 1964 until
1982.  www.americantobaccohistoricdistrict.com/events.asp