INC NEWS - Code Enforcement Summit

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 01:46:30 EDT 2007

For those of you interested in more details, Aidil Ortiz Collins and Claire
Doyle sent the following:
Forwarded as a courtesy by Bill Anderson

First Claire's, then Aidil's  -- thanks you two, for the heads  up!

Bill
-------------------------------
The following was posted on the ABCD list. Don't have
more info than  this, so I don't know if they are
focusing specifically on the demolitions  issue or on
broader issues. There's a little more info (as well  as
background on the demolitions issue)  at
endangereddurham.endangereenda

> There will be a 'code  enforcement summit' on May 1st
> at 6 pm in the
> city council  chambers for the public to discuss the
> policies of
> Neighborhood  Improvement Services (i.e. code
> enforcement) enforcement
>  concerned about demolition policy in Durham, please
> attend the  meeting
> if you can.

cd on shawnee
---------------------------------

City of Durham  Hosts Code Enforcement Public Forum May 1
Forum to Help  Residents Understand Code Enforcement and Legal Processes

What:               City of Durham Code Enforcement Public Forum
Who:               City Manager's Office and the Department of Neighborhood
Improvement  Services
When:             Tuesday, May 1, 2007, from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Where:            City of Durham  Council Chambers
1st Floor, City Hall
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, N.C. 27701
Fast  Facts
·         The City of  Durham is hosting a code enforcement public forum to
help educate residents and  property owners on code enforcement and legal
processes, the removal of unsafe  structures as well as preservation and
revitalization efforts.
·         City Manager  Patrick Baker will open the forum and the City's
Department of Neighborhood  Improvement Services will provide handout materials
along with a slide  presentation.   After the  presentation, a moderator will
facilitate community feedback and a  question-and-answer session for attendees.
·         For more  information about this public forum, contact Constance
Stancil, director of the  City's Department of Neighborhood Improvement
Services, at (919) 560-4570,  extension 247 or via e-mail at
_Constance.Stancil at durhamnc.gov_ (mailto:Constance.Stancil at durhamnc.gov) .
About the  Department of Neighborhood Improvement Services
The City of  Durham's Department of Neighborhood Improvement Services is
dedicated to  improving the quality of life for Durham's residents by  increasing
access to safe, livable housing and  by aesthetically improving the City-built
environment through its code  enforcement and impact teams. The department
provides community relations assistance to neighborhoods for organizing
communities, addressing neighborhood challenges and forming neighborhood
associations.   For more information  about this department, contact (919) 560-4570 or
visit the City's website at _http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/nis/ _
(http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/nis/) .

###

--
Aidil Ortiz Collins
(919) 260-4807

In a message dated 4/21/2007 10:25:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
There  will be a 'Code Enforcement Summit' on May 1st at 6 pm in the
City Council  chambers for the public to discuss the policies of
Neighborhood Improvement  Services (i.e. code enforcement).

RWP
27  Beverly

INC-list  mailing  list
INC-list at rtpnet.org