INC NEWS - more info on Parkwood VFD from Asst. City Mnger TedVorhees

Reyn Bowman Reyn at Durham-cvb.com
Wed May 2 10:33:11 EDT 2007

I think the eventual elimination of redundancy is a natural part of
annexation.  I know the DFD and the City are very careful when they
analyze coverage because it has ramifications on bond rating, insurance
etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org [mailto:inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org]
On Behalf Of Melissa Rooney
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:58 AM
To: inc-list at durhaminc.org
Subject: INC NEWS - more info on Parkwood VFD from Asst. City Mnger
TedVorhees

Please see the email below from City Mnger Ted Vorhees.

This information shows that the situation is more complicated than I
thought.

Nonetheless, I still think that the city should reach a compromise with
Parkwood...perhaps another contract at a much lower rate, as the
Parkwood Fire Department is such a small operation, and it will clearly
be the first in for the entire communities of Parkwood and Hunter's
Woods, not just a few homes within the area.

Thanks for your consideration of this issue, Melissa

Melissa Rooney
mmr121570 at yahoo.com

Note: forwarded message attached.