INC NEWS - [TownGown] Duke announces new position of vice president for Durham & regional affairs (Herald-Sun) --- CLARIFICATION

kjj1 at duke.edu kjj1 at duke.edu
Fri May 4 09:02:33 EDT 2007

Dear Susan:

What is your point here? That because only "some" (rather than, presumably,
"all") people advocated a clearer boundary between Duke's PR dept. and the
Duke-Durham Partnership Initiative and other outreach efforts the point is
not worthy of consideration? That John is the "some" people and concerns
about a distinction between PR and genuine partnership were limited to him?

>From what I've read and heard about people's reactions to Phail Wynn's
appointment, the responses--including John's--have been uniformly positive
and welcoming. Those reactions seem genuinely in the spirit of moving ahead
in partnership.

Kelly J.

--On Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:02 PM -0400 Susan Kauffman