INC NEWS - Join the chorus for NC's future (pls send email -- it's easy)

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 16:45:39 EDT 2007

To send an email of support, go to...
http://www.ncfuturenow.org

~John Schelp

****

Join the chorus for NC's future!

On May 23, Land for Tomorrow took part in announcing
the newly formed Partnership for North Carolina's
Future.

There's power in numbers, and in chorus we urged
members of the General Assembly to invest now to
address critical needs in our state related to land
and water conservation, public schools,
transportation, water and sewer, and affordable
housing.

By 2030, four million more people will live in North
Carolina than live here today. That's the number of
people who live in South Carolina. We can't meet their
needs, protect our quality of life and the beauty and
health of this state with baling wire,
belt-tightening, and bandaids. We must invest the
funds now to protect special natural lands, farms, and
our drinking water. We need to build schools and
invest in other infrastructure for our growing
population.

The legislature heard our announcement. But
legislators won't act unless they know their own
constituents feel strongly about an issue.

We've asked you to contact your legislators before,
and you know we'll ask you this again. BUT THIS IS A
PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT TIME.

Please take a few minutes to send your legislators an
e-mail to tell them that you support Land for Tomorrow
and the Partnership's call for investments in North
Carolina's future.

For more information on the partnership, visit
http://www.ncfuturenow.org

Marge Anders Limbert
Land for Tomorrow
mlimbert at landfortomorrow.org

****

To send an email of support (it's easy) go to...
http://www.ncfuturenow.org

****