INC NEWS - Herndon Park Grand Opening!

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Wed Jun 27 13:48:34 EDT 2007

With all that is going on with Parks and Recreation this summer I forgot
to make this very important announcement at the INC meeting last night!
Please join us as we celebrate this wonderful new park!

You are invited to attend the Grand Opening Celebration

of Durham's Newest Park

C.M. Herndon Park

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 5:30 p.m.

(511 Scott King Road)

Located on 25 acres, Herndon Park features a competition soccer field,
practice soccer field, artificial turf soccer field, two little league
baseball fields, playground area, picnic shelter, and concession
building with restrooms. There will be a soccer exhibition game at 6:30
p.m. We hope that you will come and celebrate the park's opening with
us. Light refreshments will be served.  Thank you and I hope to see you
there.

Directions: Take Fayetteville Road past South Point Mall - make a left
on to Scott King Road and the park will be on your left.

About Durham Parks and Recreation

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham
community to "Play More." The department strives to help citizens
discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging
recreational choices that contribute to their physical, emotional and
social health.

Annette L. Smith

Recreation Manager of Administrative Services

Durham Parks and Recreation

919-560-4355 x214

www.durhamnc.gov <http://www.durhamnc.gov>

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for our community to
PlayMore!