INC NEWS - Lakewood YMCA

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 22:47:36 EDT 2007

Got this off the internet:

YMCA goals:
    *  To support and strengthen the family unit
    * To help children develop to their fullest
potential through developmentally appropriate
activities
    * To deliver the program in a positive YMCA
environment of safety, support and care
    * To appreciate the diversity of the families and
staff within the program and the community at large
    * To grow children to become our future leaders
and supporters
    * To develop new skills through self directed
choices

If any Durham YMCA is to be shut down, it should be
the one in the American Tobacco District (best sold as
a private gym). I doubt many children use this YMCA,
and I question the diversity of those who use it, not
to mention the fact that it is hardly located in the
conventional definition of a 'community.'

The YMCA are hypocrites if they close the Lakewood
YMCA and keep the Am Tob center open.

I have signed the petition and urged my neighborhood
and others to do so.

Melissa

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-the-lakewood-ymca/